Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
God

Guess i was the only person who went back and watched both season 1 and 2 before this. and it def paid off. forgot so many little things.

I liked a lot of what happened in the first ep.

when daenerys was trying to buy that slave army and the dude kept calling her a whore and talking all that shit. the translator had to change up basically everything he said lol

the wildling scene was pretty good too, fuckin giants

and cerseis seemed fucking pissed at margaery. she had sansa in her pocket but now margaery does what the fuck she wants.

didnt really like the whole scene with rob and the slaughterd people. felt like it wasted to much time. same with the davos scene. they could of cut those both in half and showed us the fuckin kingslayer.

also did you guys notice how much the intro map changed

Last edited by Blake; 04-02-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
when daenerys was trying to buy that slave army and the dude kept calling her a whore and talking all that shit. the translator had to change up basically everything he said lol
Yes! I was cracking up at that. The nipple slicing was brutal to watch. But I loved the part when Barristan, the former Lord Commander of the King’s Guard, showed up and pledged himself to Daenerys. I hope that guy gets some revenge this season.

Quote:
and cerseis seemed fucking pissed at margaery. she had sansa in her pocket and but now margaery does what the fuck she wants.
Margery is gonna be another character everyone will hate, so she's a perfect fit for Joffrey. The tension between Margery and Joffrey will definitely be interesting. I don't remember how she came into the picture in S2, so I really need to go back and rewatch that season.

Quote:
didnt really like the whole scene with rob and the slaughterd people. felt like it wasted to much time.
I didn't catch what was going on in that scene at all. Was that the town that Arya was being held at before she escaped? Did they not show what happened to everyone there, or am I just forgetting? I assume the Lannister army slaughtered everyone for some reason?
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
God

Quote:
I don't remember how she came into the picture in S2, so I really need to go back and rewatch that season.
Lord baelish brokered a deal with her family after the gay barathion got killed by the red witch whore. they teamed up with tywin to save kings landing from stannis.

Quote:
I didn't catch what was going on in that scene at all. Was that the town that Arya was being held at before she escaped? Did they not show what happened to everyone there, or am I just forgetting? I assume the Lannister army slaughtered everyone for some reason?
im pretty sure thats where the kingslayer took his army before they captured him and slaughtered everyone. which didn't really make sense how that guy was still alive since it seemed so long ago. but basically everyone was pissed that lady stark let him escape. which is why those 2 guys were ranting and rob had his mom put in a cell.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
No blake, it's where arya was, it's Harrenhal...which i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure rob never went there, he was headed to Riverrun at this point. Roose Bolton took some men there.

There were a few other things that were different or left out, such as Sam kills a wight with his obsidian (dragonglass). And at the end of the episode with Barristan Selmy...again i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it takes a while before jorah mormont realizes it's barristan selmy. Also, this just might not be in there yet but selmy has a sidekick, stong belwas.

Also it's fun watching you guys speculate on what might happen, don't worry i won't ruin anything.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
No blake, it's where arya was, it's Harrenhal...which i could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure rob never went there, he was headed to Riverrun at this point. Roose Bolton took some men there.

There were a few other things that were different or left out, such as Sam kills a wight with his obsidian (dragonglass). And at the end of the episode with Barristan Selmy...again i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure it takes a while before jorah mormont realizes it's barristan selmy. Also, this just might not be in there yet but selmy has a sidekick, stong belwas.

Also it's fun watching you guys speculate on what might happen, don't worry i won't ruin anything.
I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be Harrenhal or another castle. I need to re-watch that scene where they show the castle's skyline. The Qyburn entry makes me think Harrenhal.

I was disappointed they left out the Sam bit, but we'll see.

You don't know it's Selmy until the 4th or 6th book, can't remember which. They had to do it this way simply because the show watchers would have realized it if they didn't pretty fast, especially with the "Previously on.." shit. Also, if Belwas isn't in the show I'm gonna be so sad, his character is so awesome.

*** SLIGHT SPOILER FOR NON BOOK READERS ***

I think the most interesting part was that they don't mention that Daenerys can understand the trader the entire time but chooses to pretend like she doesn't so that she can get a true estimation of the man and his ilk.

Last edited by Onion; 04-03-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Fuse Member

It was definitely Harrenhal. Got some of the backstory from the GoT wiki:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Harrenhal
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Gregor_Clegane

So I guess there was no battle there. Robb was marching there with the intention of seizing it, but the previous lord, Ser Gregor Clegane, abandoned it. Before leaving, he killed all the prisoners.

Quote:
You don't know it's Selmy until the 4th or 6th book, can't remember which.
That's pretty cool. I could see that being an awesome reveal when you finally find out. Makes sense that they had to change it for tv though.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
Yeah, i was reading a discussion where people talked about the Selmy reveal. I can understand why they did it this way. For one, its television and so people can actually see its the same person, as opposed to the books. Also, it would be one more new character in a show that already has a million (my wife can barely keep track). Some people would get lost. I don't really see how they can cut Strong Belwas entirely, so I imagine he'll be there at some point.

I agree with the Sam bit, but again, I imagine it will be there at some point, it's kind of important.

The giant was great, glad they changed that from the book.

I am 90% sure it was Harrenhal, I can't really think of where else that could be.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
The giant was great, glad they changed that from the book.
Was there no giant in the book? I assumed that was just the tv show showing off it's special effects and doesn't actually impact the story at all.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
No. Giants are definitely in the books. Even semi important. But they look like giant wookies with tiny heads.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
No strong belwas

Quote:
Q: Since the revelation of Ser Barristan Selmy came without the intervening Arsten deception, I'm assuming that there will be no Strong Belwas in the series.

A: Correct.
Fan asking GRRM if Belwas is out.
source: http://grrm.livejournal.com/319296.h...8624#t17538624