Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 12-01-2014, 03:54 PM
Fuse Member

Right on. It's definitely a game best played in larger blocks of time. Will be interested in hearing you thoughts once you get into it.

P.S. I ended up getting a GTX 980, and to be honest, it doesn't look much different on Ultra than it did on Medium/High. Glad I didn't go all the way and upgrade the mobo/proc/mem since it apparently would've been wasted. Also good to know (for everyone else) that you don't need a top-end rig for this game to look fantastic.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrupp View Post
Thanks for the link Yoox, got it.
Np bro. Good deal for a game that new. Can't wait to play.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:47 PM
Fuse Member

Fusa, did you finish DA3?

I'm about 62 hours in, level 18, but haven't played in about a week. Finished everything on the war table that I had available. Still a few zones I haven't touched though. I think I have about 2-3 quests left in the main storyline. Might just finish the main story and circle back to the optional stuff later.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Fuse Member

Honestly I haven't had much time to sit down to play ( you need more then 2 hours otherwise you feel/and do nothing)

I am currently level 13 in the "FADE" (12-15 req) I am on the last boss ( he is proving to be a pain in the ass ) my best so far is 30% or so my problem is I picked a team with 2 melee so I basically do it with 2 mages and my tank =P

PoE 3 month leagues are soon arriving which will be less time =( so I still absolutly love the game and plan to finish it but you need to listen to the story unless you just want to fly through it.

I think I am still around 28-29~ hours in

Also - you can not reload from my understanding to before this zone I am in(no save files to load from that go back far enough), so I can't go outside and

A) pick a new team
B) Level more before going into the fade
C) do both A and B

Last edited by Fusa; 12-10-2014 at 02:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Fuse Member

Ugh, that sucks. =/ They definitely throw you into that zone abruptly. I remember being worried about not being able to get through it and not having a recent save file to fall back on too. Fortunately I've always been at the high end of the level rec.

Good luck!
Old 12-13-2014, 08:39 PM
Fuse Member

Finished the main story. Last couple quests go by quick. There's a scene after the end-game credits that you definitely don't want to miss, so don't mash escape through the credits too quickly. Looks like a good setup for either a DLC or DA4.
Old 05-09-2015, 07:52 PM

Yes, I'm late getting around to this title, but as a huge fan of the series, I am simply disappointed. I'm about 10 hours in and...the story/combat just isn't good. Maybe I'm partial to Pillars and DA:O but the "tactical" camera/combat option is cumbersome. I thought positioning in Pillars was frustrating..this game takes the cake! Plus the depth of story is lacking thus far. I may try to pick it back up and finish, but very lackluster for me.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:45 PM
Fuse Member

Somehow missed your post a couple weeks ago, Grupp.

I know what you mean. I was pretty frustrated and disappointed with the tactical combat view when I started too. It takes a lot of getting used to, but it does get easier. Still, they could certainly make improvements here. I ended up dropping the difficulty to get through the game b/c I felt it was the controls more than anything that was holding me back.

The story wasn't spectacular, but I didn't find it terrible either. It's definitely slow though. You'll get a lot more out of it by consistently talking to all your companions. Overall, the game does get better, but it's a big investment too. I think I finished with maybe 75 hours of gameplay. Fighting the different dragons in the world is a lot of fun, and many of the character specs/skills are fun to play as well. So it has its redeeming qualities.

From what I've heard, the side quests in Witcher 3 are a lot more rewarding than DA:I. While I really prefer the slower, tactical style combat of DA as opposed to the more action/arcade style of Witcher, the fact that DA:I doesn't really deliver on the tactical side of things means they basically both play the same. So it's entirely possible Witcher3 is simply the better game between the two.

Hopefully the sequel will improve many of DA:I's deficiencies.