Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Fuse Member

Part 1

Have not red the posts before this one, i will after i watch the show. Good start with Jacob, the boat shows that it looks like it's anywhere between 1400-1900s?

So Kate meets Jacob while young. Why didn't any of the others? So far it seems like Locke is a decendant or playing the part of the guy that wanted to kill Jacob long ago, and possibly Kate is playing Jacobs part right now. What i mean by that is, it seems like they have something in common with each other that is sorta the same for some reason.

So 30 years in the future already. Richard seems like he's playing something off. So what's in the box, hope it's not a dick.

So Jacob meets Sawyer when he was young also, interesting. Richard seeming puzzled by asking Jack if he knows Locke and Jack telling him not to give up on him was weird that Richard seemed clueless. Ben telling Locke that he was gonna follow him seemed funny just that Ben seemed scared not to cause of what his daughter said, but seems ironic that Locke is gonna use Ben to kill Jacob, ironic cause Ben is the user of ppl to kill ppl for him.

So Jacob meets sayid and causes the death of his love, that scene was sad. So Daniel's mom was the leader of the hostiles at that point in time, hmm.

So Jacob has that chick with the pilot helping him. Jacob very active in this episode! So ellana or whatever her name is, her and her crew looking for Jacob at the statue( i so need the power for statue for my own purposes ).

Lol. Just lol. With Jacob sitting on the bench and Locke falling from the building behind him. Jacob meets Locke. So Jacob meets Jin & Sun too. Jacob seems very smart, probably why he is still alive after that guy in the beginning threatened to kill him.

So i wonder how this all began and how Jacob and whoever that other guy in the beginning of the episode came to be, and came to be on the island.

Why was the woman Ellana willing to help Jacob when he asked her to in the hospital?

On to part 2

Part 2

Jacob meets Jack, so... This is pretty much showing Jacob meeting everyone i guess. What i don't understand is why jack always feels like his dad is always trying to keep him down. His dad even trys to explain to him that he isn't but Jack doesn't seem to believe him. Which leads me to wonder what does his dad have to do with the whole island story still. Also really makes me want the answer to how old is the island and if it's been there since the beginning of time if it even goes back that long.

So Sawyer and Jules both use what they learned so far back at childhood in their futures. So Jack says it feels like a million years ago ( that confirms it, island has been here since the beginning ). Sawyer still loves Kate but is loyal to Jules. So sweet Kate is with Jack. She loves him!

Jacob meets Hugo tells him he is blessed, Hugo decides to get on the plane after all, makes sense. So they are gonna go through with the bomb deployment. If all goes as planned, the plane will never crash. But Jack said to Kate this feels right, maybe it feels right cause it happened before so it will change nothing? Seems like it's leading towards Ben killing Jacob and then they blow the bomb up and it resets Jacob dying probably.

I missed a part, when Jack told Kate why did you ask me not to ask about the kid, what did Kate say?

Why is Locke so bent on killing Jacob for Ben? Seems like Locke has his own motives and is using Ben like Ben uses people. Seems like Ben should of never been the leader in the first place and he shouldn't of had the kid anyway, he fucking stole the kid lol.

So they are in the statue and heading to Jacob.

Phil got owned! Jules dying like that was sad! Jack getting hit with the toolbox was funny. Jules living that then finishing the bomb wow.

So in the end. I kinda felt from the beginning that Locke might be that guy that threatened to kill Jacob in the beginning of the episode. Guess i'm right or at least i think i'm right. The corpse of Locke and the loophole Jacob claimed in the end kinda confirms it. But never know with this show i guess.

I wonder how that all happened tho, whats their connection and why he wanted to kill him. Now that he is dead what happens. Looks like they will have plenty more to explain in the last season. We shall see what happens to the Oceanic crew too.

So jacob claimed to be spinning something. Is he fate now? Why did Jacob say what about you to Ben like that? Lots more questions.

Was good.

Old 05-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
They are bringing alot of supernatural into this, I think. Almost making it seem jacob is a god. It seems almost BSG like. Like, here is my theory. What if if in the far future, the world ends. Jacob goes super far into the past (thus making him immortal). He is trying to change the future. "anything that is not the end is progress". Jacob is reliving a time loop over and over trying to prevent the end of the world, shaping events each time. When the end comes he can't die, because he has traveled so far back in time. So he comes back to try different stuff. Maybe the other guy is his brother or something and he is sick of it all.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Fuse Member

also, that dude is the smoke monster. For sure i think. Also, this proves that Locke isn't special, and that it is actually Jack that will lead the island. They always talked about him having a destiny.

Last edited by rursusferre; 05-14-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
They are bringing alot of supernatural into this, I think.
Yeah, it certainly seems that way. I'll be a little disappointed if they go that route, however, since they claimed fairly early on that the show didn't involve the supernatural, and that everything about the island had a scientific explanation.

I think you're spot on about the world ending and all of this is an attempt to prevent that from happening. In fact, that's why the Dharma Initiative was created and was on the island in the first place, per the Lost Experience. Jacob does seem to be involved in this effort as well, though he clearly pre-dates Dharma. Will be interesting to see what his connection is to them.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
also, that dude is the smoke monster. For sure i think.
Which dude? Jacob's "friend" from the very beginning of the episode? Is the monster taking Locke's form at the end as well? It seemed to take Alex's form when confronting Ben, so it seems plausible that it could take Locke's form as well. I guess the questions then would be why does the monster need to take Locke's form? Why does it need Ben to kill Jacob? How did the guy turn into the smoke monster (or vice versa) to begin with? And what's the "loophole" that he found?

That does seem to make some sense though.

And on a slightly separate note, after Jacob is stabbed by Ben, Jacob says "They're coming". Who is he referring to?

Quote:
Also, this proves that Locke isn't special, and that it is actually Jack that will lead the island. They always talked about him having a destiny.
I love this theory, mainly because I'd rather see Jack be the hero than Locke. Locke has turned into this kind of bad guy at the end of this season. So Locke's only purpose was, through his death, to get the rest of the O6 back to the island -- which really had very little to do with any of them going back, in retrospect. Of course, if Locke isn't really special at all, it kind of negates most of what happened in previous seasons. The others all think Locke is special and their destined leader. Why would they think that, if someone (Jacob) didn't already tell them that?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
Fuse Member

Well, for some reason they can't kill each other. Who knows why. Locke is postured in some insanely complicated scheme to kill Jacob, literally years in the making. As I have said in the past, I think faraday may have been misled in the lack of choice. If anything, it looks like Jacob has np direct influence but steers choices instead. At anytime they might have been able to get off the train. Jacob probably figured he could talk ben out of it of something. But "Locke" had everything covered, with possibly several time "loops" to work it out. The anhks are obvious references to their immortality. Richard says in latin "he who will serve/protect us all" or something to that effect. I rewatched it today, and a really good line from Jacob is : "do you like it? I made it myself, it's taken a very long time. But I guess that's the point when you make all the thread yourself (or something like that)". I think it's a direct explanation of his part in all this. Ok enough stream of conciousness, fuck iPhone is hard to type on.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Richard says in latin "he who will serve/protect us all" or something to that effect.
Oh nice!

The Lost forums are lit up today with all the parallels between Jacob and "Anti-Jacob" and various religions/mythologies. The similarities to those of egyptian mythology are obviously intentional, even if the writers don't choose to directly state it's the core plot.

I'm becoming less opposed to Jacob and Anti-Jacob (AJ) being supernatural entities the more I think about it all, simply because the the story that's being so delicately woven is really interesting and impressive.

A few minor details that are being brought up today that are kind of interesting:

Quote:
"I loved the "LOST" at the end with the white background. The Light Side seems to have the upper hand going into the final season"
-- an interesting interpretation I hadn't thought about. source

Screenshots of Juliet's flashback:

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/ima...c7ebe95c416a8f

For something that happened at least 30 years ago (the 70s), the house and people sure look pretty modern. Further, the book on the table "Mysteries of the Ancient Americas" was published in 1986.

The book Jacob was reading (Everything That Rises Must Converge) was apparently a collection of short stories about the pettiness and graces of humanity. Perhaps ties into Jacob and AJ's opening discussion:

Quote:
Jacob: I take it you're here because of the ship.
Anti-Jacob: I am. How did they find the island?
J: You'll have to ask them when they get here.
AJ: I don't have to ask. You brought them here. You're trying to prove me wrong aren't you?
J: You are wrong.
AJ: Am I? They come, fight, they destroy, they corrupt. Always ends the same.
J: But it only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.
Interestingly, Rose says something similar when Sawyer, Juliet, and Kate run into them. She says something along the lines of "it's always something with you people. you're always fighting each other, trying to blow each other up." I'd bet we haven't seen the last of Rose and Bernard.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Fuse Member

Another interesting theory being thrown around is that Jacob == Aaron. Not so sure about that myself, but it does bring up the whole story with Claire, Christian, and Aaron which they really haven't addressed in a while. I forgot what Kate said last night about Aaron; I just remember it not meaning a whole lot to me at the time. The writers sure made a big deal about Aaron early on, so hopefully they have a worthwhile story for him to tie things up. Same with Walt.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Fuse Member

Actually asano, I was about propose something, but a tad different. I was going to say what if aaron was the other guy. Jacob is the son of jack and Kate. I don't think the other guy gets a name. But, what if both of them work for dharma 30 years in the future, and through studying the island have learned a ton of scientific discoveries, ie smoke monster, granting people immortality (Richard) and destroying the world.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Fuse Member

Yeah, Aaron being the "Anti-Jacob" could make as much sense, if you want to go down that line of thinking. With all the references to Claire about not letting him be raised by another, perhaps Aaron was corrupted when Kate left him with his grandmother.