Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Fuse Member

Just holy shit wow is all I can say. I'm so lost for words to describe what I just saw.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
METAL AS FUCK is what you just saw. Brutal.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:28 PM
Fuse Member

That was brutal. Things aren't looking good for Tyrion. =(
Old 06-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Fuse Member

You know that since watching the show I always thought of Sanza as a dim witted little kid. Ever since the beginning of her thinking she would go on her merry way to go off to king's landing and be the queen. Thinking everything would be all sweet. Last night she really showed that she learned a little something about how to play the game in her favor. I wonder if she is really falling for littlefinger. She knows that he loved her mother and couldn't be with her, since she knows he loved her mom. Their age is so far apart, but that doesn't stop some people.

So the fight. The viper could of won that fight we all know. His poor choice of trying to get the justice that he pictured in his head for so long was asking a little to much. What worried Bronn happened to the prince in the end. You simply can't give a man of that size any room to get his hands on you, the end result was no escape. If it was me I think I would of kept my distance and placed that spear into his face over and over before he could of got up. Specially if my family was killed by him like that.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
Don't worry friends, the season is not over yet.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:49 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
You know that since watching the show I always thought of Sanza as a dim witted little kid. Ever since the beginning of her thinking she would go on her merry way to go off to king's landing and be the queen. Thinking everything would be all sweet. Last night she really showed that she learned a little something about how to play the game in her favor. I wonder if she is really falling for littlefinger. She knows that he loved her mother and couldn't be with her, since she knows he loved her mom. Their age is so far apart, but that doesn't stop some people.
Yeah, it was good to finally see Sansa finally grow up a little. I don't think she has any romantic feelings towards Littlefinger though. I think she's going to play him (or at least try) just like she played the other lords. I think she's realizing it's her only way out of this mess, and now that she knows Littlefinger has a thing for her she now has some power she can wield.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
So i have an interesting thing I read. It was talking about "viewer fatigue" and how some people felt the viewership of the show was going to go down due to the large number of characters killed. Something like 8 major characters so far, I believe. He spoke about how hardcore watchers were in it for the long haul, but more casual viewers would leave the show due to so many characters they were attached to being murdered. I know a lot of you guys haven't read the books, so as soley show watchers, do you ever feel that way? Are you ever like "jesus christ, can someone just live?"
Old 06-02-2014, 08:32 PM
Fuse Member

I could definitely see that if they kill of Tyrion. I think he's really well liked at this point and one of the last few "good guys" that's been on the show since S1. I'll be really sad if they kill him, but I'm way too attached to the story itself to stop watching over any particular character's death.

I can't imagine anyone "casually" watching this show either though. There are *so* many characters and so many different storylines and it all moves so fast, you really need to watch it closely and watch it every week.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre View Post
So i have an interesting thing I read. It was talking about "viewer fatigue" and how some people felt the viewership of the show was going to go down due to the large number of characters killed. Something like 8 major characters so far, I believe. He spoke about how hardcore watchers were in it for the long haul, but more casual viewers would leave the show due to so many characters they were attached to being murdered. I know a lot of you guys haven't read the books, so as soley show watchers, do you ever feel that way? Are you ever like "jesus christ, can someone just live?"
I think that is a good read. Our shows tend to attach us to characters and then refuse to kill them off cause of their popularity. Notice how they don't usually kill off main characters in most shows inless it's the last show. Battlestar I think started the kill off thing and it worked well for them. It works well for Game of thrones and even tho Tyrion is a fan favorite, I don't want to see him die either, I would keep watching for sure even if they gut the dwarf. Season one was a shocker when Ned's head came off. He had to be lots of people's favorite at the time. The red wedding was hard to watch. I don't think I'd stop watching no matter who they kill. They keep adding new characters each season which keeps it fresh.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:37 AM
Fuse Member

Not everyone is pleased with the way the latest Game of Thrones episode ended—so at least one fan took it upon themselves to completely re-do it.
http://kotaku.com/how-the-last-game-...ded-1585989700

Obviously, if you haven't watched the latest Game of Thrones episode, you should not watch this video by Ozzy Man. In fact, you should probably stop reading now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8oOi6JOXEQ