Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
No surprise, my guess his he'll finish the 6th book in a year or two, whether he lives or cares to finish the series is anyone's best guess. The show is quickly catching up, as far as I can recall Sansas story is completely caught up. Other characters stories are pretty far behind though, like Arya. But they are going to finish the show in 7 seasons regardless of what he does. I'm guessing they know what he has in mind to conclude the series, and they're going to do what they want so the ending is going to end up differently.

At this point I wonder if they'll get to the shit going on in Dorne and the Iron islands or just skip it altogether.

(Not complaining about the way the tv show creators are going about it, i think they've made pretty good decisions on everything, though at the same time it kinda sucks to not see certain characters.)
Old 06-07-2014, 05:47 PM

I read somewhere that he's writing 6 and 7 as parallel entities, so half of each is complete. Main hiccup seems to be what direction to take Dany
Old 06-07-2014, 11:07 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrupp View Post
I read somewhere that he's writing 6 and 7 as parallel entities, so half of each is complete. Main hiccup seems to be what direction to take Dany
Where'd you read that? I heard he already knows how the story ends, and he's already told the tv writers/producers how it'll end so they can wrap up the show even if the books don't make it out first. Dany is a pretty major character, so if he doesn't know what direction she's going, then all bets are off for the rest of the story.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:46 AM

I'll look for the story (It may be dated) and edit with a link when I find it

edit:
Couldn't find the link, but now that I've slept, I remember more clearly that as he has been writing Book 6, it lead into arcs for 7 (Something like 20% of Book 7 is already written), not that the story is parallel. Sorry for the confusion!

Last edited by McGrupp; 06-08-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Fuse Member

Best part about tonight is that they added a 6man group dungeon apparently and even a boss.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 PM
GoL Member

You know nothing Yooxra Snow
Old 06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Rhun Send a message via MSN to Rhun
RIP Grenn and Pyp
Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
Best part about tonight is that they added a 6man group dungeon apparently and even a boss.
LOL!

Not a bad episode tonight, but easily the weakest of the season. I don't think they did a good job showing the enormous size of the wildling army. I know they only threw a fraction of the entire army at the wall, but it never looked like very many people. I was expecting a Braveheart like battle, but instead it looked like any other skirmish they've shown so far. Sad to see Ygritte die; she was one of my favourites. But I suppose that was inevitable.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:36 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
LOL!

Not a bad episode tonight, but easily the weakest of the season. I don't think they did a good job showing the enormous size of the wildling army. I know they only threw a fraction of the entire army at the wall, but it never looked like very many people. I was expecting a Braveheart like battle, but instead it looked like any other skirmish they've shown so far. Sad to see Ygritte die; she was one of my favourites. But I suppose that was inevitable.

*I haven't seen this episode yet but...*

Its been a few years since I read the book, but if I remember correctly the battle between the Thenns and the Night's Watch where Ygritte dies only involved a couple hundred people. A small bunch were sent to scale the wall in order to surprise Castle Black (sending in the special forces to do some infrastructure damage so the grunts can roll in and claim all the women...!); it sounds like the show is just staying true to the book.

One thing this show doesn't seem to lack is scale. If the Blackwater was any indicator, I have a hard time believing that you'll be disappointed when we see what Mance has up his sleeve.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:53 PM

Season finale or NBA finals game 5...Hmm (JK)