Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Fuse Member

Tonight's episode was super AWEOSME!

Desmond story/Faraday story owns. Bb tomorrow.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
Finally some awnsers. We know what this alternative story IS at least. Might not make sense for the overall story, but atleast we know what it is.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Fuse Member

When the episode first started out and desmonde passed out and went to the alternate timeline, I was pretty disappointed and thought it was going to just be another stupid episode. They did a good job with this one though and I'm excited once again. I like how many parallels they make - it's pretty crazy.

We learned quite a bit about the "lost family tree" so to speak, unless I just missed the whole charlie being whidmore's son, eloise being his wife, and daniel being his son as well. I wonder who penny's mom is or have we met her already at some point and she's just not important?

So it seems that this alternate time line started after the nuke was set off which presents a fairly obvious question: is the fight on the island with Locke et al happening after Desmonde goes and tells everyone that they're living a lie or is it happening simultaneously and the two realities will converge with even more parallelism into either a single existence, the destruction of both, or the death of one.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucholza View Post
When the episode first started out and desmonde passed out and went to the alternate timeline, I was pretty disappointed and thought it was going to just be another stupid episode. They did a good job with this one though and I'm excited once again. I like how many parallels they make - it's pretty crazy.

We learned quite a bit about the "lost family tree" so to speak, unless I just missed the whole charlie being whidmore's son, eloise being his wife, and daniel being his son as well. I wonder who penny's mom is or have we met her already at some point and she's just not important?

So it seems that this alternate time line started after the nuke was set off which presents a fairly obvious question: is the fight on the island with Locke et al happening after Desmonde goes and tells everyone that they're living a lie or is it happening simultaneously and the two realities will converge with even more parallelism into either a single existence, the destruction of both, or the death of one.
The alternate time-line couldn't have started after the nuke went off as everybody, especially int his episode, is completely different and both Daniel and Charlie were dead prior to the nuke. One of the recurring themes is that dead is dead so my guess for now is that the alternate time-line was always there, the events on the island somehow bridge the gap between multiple dimensions.

Last edited by Cruci; 04-06-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 AM
Fuse Member

charlie isn't widmoore's son, they just lead you on at first, until you find out its daniel.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Fuse Member

As I start to watch this episode about Hugo i start to cringe and wonder if it's even worth watching.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Fuse Member

not a bad episode. Quick point: are the people who are dead in world A seemingly the ones in world B who are remembering?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:01 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
As I start to watch this episode about Hugo i start to cringe and wonder if it's even worth watching.
hahaha I thought the same thing. The Hugo flash started and I thought "man fuck this fatass this episode already sucks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rursusferre
Quick point: are the people who are dead in world A seemingly the ones in world B who are remembering?
I'm assuming by world A you mean the timeline on the island and world B is the timeline where they never crashed on the island - if so then I don't think so. Desmonde and Hugo aren't dead and they're both remembering.

My favorite part of the episode tonight was probably when that one bitch blew up right as she was about to tell them what the island actually is. Did anyone else think Desmonde was going to run down Locke? The way he was looking at him while Ben was talking just didn't seem right. I wonder if Desmonde doing that will have any impact on the timeline with the island.

Remember a few seasons ago when Whidmore's ship came to the island with Farraday and co. and Desmonde and the doctor or someone were having those flashes where they were in a different place and their consicousness was shifting? I forgot all about that until this episode - did they ever explain what was happening to Desmonde after he "anchored" himself with Penny to stop it or did they just leave it at that?

I have the feeling this is alternate timeline we're seeing this season is the same kind of thing and eventually that shift of consciousness will happen.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via ICQ to Onion Send a message via AIM to Onion Send a message via MSN to Onion
I think that Desmond either ran down Locke to A) try and kill him, or B) try and get him into surgery/contact with Jack so that he could fix his spine or something which would trigger each of their memories.

I think that Sawyer and Kate are going to trigger each other too.

Also did it seem to you guys like Jack seemed all of the sudden really afraid when he saw Smokey, and Smokey noticed that and smiled?
Old 04-13-2010, 10:55 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
try and get him into surgery/contact with Jack so that he could fix his spine or something which would trigger each of their memories.
That would make sense, wouldn't surprise me at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion
Also did it seem to you guys like Jack seemed all of the sudden really afraid when he saw Smokey, and Smokey noticed that and smiled?
Yeah it did seem like that, maybe Jack knows something he's not saying.