Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 03:03 PM
Fuse Member

The Division

Anyone planning to play this? They're holding an open beta this weekend (today-Sunday), and you can download the beta client for free. I've watched a little bit in streams and heard it referred to as a Destiny in a modern-day setting, which piqued my interest. So I downloaded the beta client last night.

Played for an hour or two today, but was pretty disappointed by the amount of content available. There's basically two missions playable, with most everything else locked during beta. The game plays very similar to Mass Effect (minus the story trees) or an open-world Deus Ex, imo -- it's a covered shooter with RPG elements. Seems like it could be good, but really worried about the amount of content at launch.

Not one I'll pre-order or even buy on launch day, but might give it a shot if the post-launch reviews are good.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:28 PM
God

I got it, played a bit, planning on playing more tonight and sunday. I don't like the controls.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:03 AM
Fuse Member

What do you think so far?

I played it for a few more hours this morning. Got to the max level for beta (8) and checked out the Dark Zone. Seems like going in there solo is suicide -- enemies are much tougher, and with everyone else in groups you might as well have a target on your back.

I really want to like the game because I like the concept. But the world just feels so empty (too many inaccessible buildings, not many npcs/enemies on the streets), and it seems like endgame and the best gear will all be in the Dark Zone, so you'll need to play with friends. The Dark Zone post-launch will be a pvp gankfest. I do think the game will do very well though -- probably a Destiny killer.