Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-23-2013, 07:06 AM
GoL Member

Die Die Die

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...ntcmp=features

I threw up in my mouth seeing this. I hope this is just a very sick promotion tool, otherwise this studio/director might get lynched.

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Officer

yea we were talking about this yesterday its a sad day making him batman.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
The term #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck was the top trending Twitter hash tag on Friday, with scores of users suggesting that just about anyone would have been a better pick for the role.

"Chumlee from Pawn Stars #BetterBatmanThanBenAffleck," one user quipped.
Others suggested Damon Wayons, singer Pink, "the guy who played the Beaver on 'Leave it to Beaver,'" Peewee Herman and Russell Brand.
lol
Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Fuse Member

lol at the guy who played beaver
Old 08-23-2013, 02:09 PM
GoL Member

Trending Twitter hashtag

Batfleck

Alliance --
Balrin|Brondor|Gronthor|Ironshot|
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM
GoL Member

I thought Argo was awesome. Also, how many good actors have played super heroes? Robert Downey was terrible before Iron man.
Every Batman ever before - Terrible.
Everyone thought Heath Ledger would be a terrible Joker.

Maybe it is just me, but the lead actor in the movie that wins best picture seems pretty legit to me. When he was young he was hit or miss aweful movies with Bullseye and Gili but The Town, good will hunting were both great movies.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Fuse Member

Robert Downey was always awesome. Always.

My problem with Afleck as Barman is the same problem I have with Kutcher as Steve Jobs. He's too memorable in other (usually lighthearted) roles to make us believe he's Batman. I guess we'll see how it turns out, but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to Cruci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Robert Downey was always awesome. Always.

My problem with Afleck as Barman is the same problem I have with Kutcher as Steve Jobs. He's too memorable in other (usually lighthearted) roles to make us believe he's Batman. I guess we'll see how it turns out, but I'm not holding my breath.
I know where you're coming from. I feel the same way about Nicholson's Joker, anything with Michael Cera, and Kutcher who will always be Kelso to me, but I've never felt that from Affleck. He has a few good roles on top of several bad ones (Clerks, Good Will Hunting, Argo, Daredevil, Gigli, and Dogma are the movies that I can recall). He may catch so much flak because he could be more of a pure actor who shies away from the greater decision process (whereas a Hanks or Bale type might not have as many bad roles because they're more knowledgeable of the entire process of making a movie). The bad movies that I've seen from him have problems that even the best acting couldn't salvage. I have a hard time believing that Zach Snyder is going to let him get by with a sub-par performance. My biggest reservation is and will always be that they're combining two universes into one story...
Old 08-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
So overall I am not really too excited about this. Some people have mentioned that Ben Affleck is a good choice based solely on his strong chin (and apparently how that will look great in the batsuit). My issue is, I just have a hard time seeing him as Bruce. The boston accent, the baby face, nothing about him makes me think that there is a total badass hiding beneath the surface. I have seen so many people try to make the comparison to how ledger was shit on when he was first announced as joker. I am not really sure how to put my thoughts on that subject correctly into words, but the issue is that Joker is such a Character, with a capital C. There is nothing really human or related about him. The audience isn't supposed to feel empathy with him in anyway. He really could just be portrayed a million ways. Psycho, funny, violent, crazy. There is so much room to interpret the character, honestly, I think it would be hard for anyone to portray him terribly, they would all just "different". Luckily Ledger was awesome. But Batman is the hero. He is supposed to have something that the viewer instantly attaches too. I dunno how else to put that exactly. I just don't think Affleck has that.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Officer

but now we can have matt daemon as robin! but serious fuck their choice for him as batman