Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 08-15-2016, 08:11 PM
Fuse Member

Might as well buy the NX coming out in march. Will have the same zelda game.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrupp View Post
This may force me to purchase a PS4. Damn.
What's worse is Sony is supposed to announce their PS4.5, aka PS4 Neo, on Sept 7th, and with our luck will probably be released after FF15 is released. So we'll have to buy the "old" PS4 in order to play on day 1.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
Might as well buy the NX coming out in march. Will have the same zelda game.
Yeah, I don't think Zelda is even slated to be released until 2017. And tbh, I'm not sure I'm hyped enough to buy another Wii for it. I like Zelda, but not even close to as much as I like Final Fantasy.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:38 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
Yeah, I don't think Zelda is even slated to be released until 2017. And tbh, I'm not sure I'm hyped enough to buy another Wii for it. I like Zelda, but not even close to as much as I like Final Fantasy.
I'm in the same boat really. I haven't bought a nintendo system since N64. Zelda is one of the best games made but I can't buy a whole system anymore for one game. They saying zelda will be out 6 months of NX release.

Old 08-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogan View Post
What's worse is Sony is supposed to announce their PS4.5, aka PS4 Neo, on Sept 7th, and with our luck will probably be released after FF15 is released. So we'll have to buy the "old" PS4 in order to play on day 1.
I'm hoping that the rumors are true that they release the neo by november. That was the rumor right when the rumored specs started. If they do anything like Microsoft announcement of the slim at E3 then released aug 2. I'm hoping something similar happens and we get the neo release by nov.

I have a ps4 so i'm not worried about not getting to play FF15 right away, but I just want to have the neo and most likely get trade in value of 200$ before it gets to old towards the neo.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
I'm hoping that the rumors are true that they release the neo by november. That was the rumor right when the rumored specs started. If they do anything like Microsoft announcement of the slim at E3 then released aug 2. I'm hoping something similar happens and we get the neo release by nov.
That would help explain why SE delayed FF15. Would help drive sales of the Neo, and the bump in hardware specs will no doubt help in handling FF15's new game engine, which sounds very taxing:

Quote:
It will be running at 1080p with 30 frames per second. Compared to the 20,000 polygons used for the Final Fantasy XIII characters, Final Fantasy XV will be using 100,000 polygons for its characters (around the same as The Order: 1886, Uncharted 4, and Star Citizen, but slightly fewer than Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and inFamous: Second Son). Overall, Final Fantasy XV will be using 5 million polygons per frame, pushing 150 million polygons per second. This is one of the highest polygon counts known for a video game.

Each character model will be using 20,000 to 30,000 polygons just for the hair alone, more than any other video game, and the same as the polygon count for an entire Final Fantasy XIII character.

Each character will also have 600 bones, twelve times more than the 50 bones used by most PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 games, and the highest known for a video game so far. Final Fantasy XV also uses 30 MB textures for each character (in comparison, inFamous: Second Son uses up to 28 MB for a character).

Comparison screenshots between Final Fantasy XV's real-time gameplay and pre-rendered CGI appear to show the real-time gameplay graphics screenshot coming close to the quality of the pre-rendered CGI screenshot.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Fuse Member

Yeah. I think them delaying till end of november will most likely help them overall if the neo hits before FF15 release on both fronts. Helping the sales of neo and helping play FF15 the smoothest. They also won't need to lower the price of the game. If they release in september there are lots of people that will wait till november for the price drop even if it's 10/15 since holiday season is so close after.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 AM

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. Why wouldn't they make a PC release? I'm sure they'll port it later..?
Old 08-19-2016, 09:03 AM
Fuse Member

Yeah, I'm sure they'll port it later but it may be a few years. They just finished porting the FF13 trilogy to PC, and a FF10 HD port. They're still due for FF8/9/12 too.

They seem to always release for consoles exclusively at first. Probably some deals with Sony/Microsoft to help drive console sales? Dunno, it's just the way they do things.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Fuse Member

They said PC is a maybe. I think it will be over two years at least. They said they need to sell 10 million just to break even.

FF12 HD for PS4 next year
http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/6/1186...ge-ps4-trailer

They need to release FF7 remake without trying to overmilk it by doing dumb stuff like turning it into 3 parts or whatever.

Then make FF6 remake from the ground up.