Gentlemen of Leisure

Go Back   Gentlemen of Leisure > Public Forums > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 05-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Infidel

Weak, I thought Jacob and his bro were alive a lot longer before ships were invented.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Fuse Member

So i begin to watch this episode I ask myself who is this older lady and why did she cave the young woman's head in. Going back just a minute as the young lady names Jacob i thought to myself name the next one now "come on, come on, name him Smokemonster".

So the lady playing the mother of Jacob/Smoke seems to pull of the strings of pushing Jacob towards good and Smoke towards evil right from the beginning. She also tells Smoke that he will never die.

So this lady tells the boys as they are walking towards something, away from the men, that men are bad and that she made it so the boys couldn't hurt each other. But as this happens i think to myself "but bitch you caved the young woman's head in".

So there is light coming from a cave and it needs to be protected or else the light will go out everywhere. One question, what about the sun(its a pretty good light source).

So as Smoke sees his mothers(Claudia) ghost, I think, I thought Smoke was controlling the ghosts. SigH.

So she tells Jacob "those people are bad" I need you to stay good. So from the beginning of lost there was always this thing about how the island people were good and everyone else is bad.

When she smashes Smoke on the wall I thought for sure he was going to stab her!

The part that drives me crazy is that these guardians of the island seem to want to be replaced. If the island is so good and everything else is bad why say thank you for allowing them to leave/pass on.

If she made it so that they can't hurt each other why does Jacob keep owning Smoke's face with a barrage of punches.

I SO CALLED IT THAT THOSE WERE THERE CORPSES, REMEMBER?

Great, here we go again with the questions.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post

So there is light coming from a cave and it needs to be protected or else the light will go out everywhere. One question, what about the sun(its a pretty good light source).
It's not an actual light Yoox - it's figurative for something akin to the human soul. The "light" in the cave is the "light" inside of humans and if human greed tries to take the light it will end up snuffing out all light everywhere aka kill the human race.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Infidel

You ever wonder how the mother was able to kill all those people and burn down their camp?

Maybe she also went into the light and was turned into smoke. Also, the light must be some sort of scientific anomaly. Just another instance of stupid people trying to rationalize something. Maybe Jacob and the fake mother are just delusional retards. Maybe the island is just some anomaly in the world and some random people stumbled upon it and thought of it as some sort of miraculous sacred thing.

Nah, probably not. Doesn't explain the whole seeing dead people thing.

Maybe it REALLY is some sort of sacred-magical god-like thang. WHO KNOWS YO?

Last edited by Vayd; 05-12-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayd View Post
Weak, I thought Jacob and his bro were alive a lot longer before ships were invented.
Ya sux they aren't descended from mount olympus. I wonder if they are even before Richard at this point.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayd View Post
You ever wonder how the mother was able to kill all those people and burn down their camp?

Maybe she also went into the light and was turned into smoke. Also, the light must be some sort of scientific anomaly. Just another instance of stupid people trying to rationalize something. Maybe Jacob and the fake mother are just delusional retards. Maybe the island is just some anomaly in the world and some random people stumbled upon it and thought of it as some sort of miraculous sacred thing.

Nah, probably not. Doesn't explain the whole seeing dead people thing.

Maybe it REALLY is some sort of sacred-magical god-like thang. WHO KNOWS YO?
Did she smite them all down or what. They didn't answer any of it, but they didn't have to really. Cause Smoke killed her for it, she must of.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucholza View Post
It's not an actual light Yoox - it's figurative for something akin to the human soul. The "light" in the cave is the "light" inside of humans and if human greed tries to take the light it will end up snuffing out all light everywhere aka kill the human race.
Nuch man lol.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooxra View Post
Nuch man lol.
never know with you!
Old 05-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Fuse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucholza View Post
never know with you!
The lady said that they couldn't hurt each other, but Jacob killed smokey by throwing him into the cave. His bones was proof. I'm so confused on this part. They made the whole story where Smokey had to use Ben to kill Jacob.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Fuse Member

Send a message via AIM to rursusferre
In a sense he didn't kill smokey, but I guess the question is did he turn into smokey because of the ladies "curse" or the light source. Remember smokey said Jacob took his body a long time ago.